MER Warrior Challenge 2018
Middle East Region Warrior Challenge
Are you ready to ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE? Compete in the Middle East Region Warrior Challenge!
The Warrior Challenge is a physically demanding high-adventure competition that reinforces principles of leadership, teamwork, and problem solving.
Events include an obstacle course, land navigation, PT, and a leadership reaction course, among others. All high-adventure activities will be supervised by EMT-qualified CAP senior members. High adventure activities will occur on Ft. Eustis in Newport News, Virginia.
112 competitors on 19 teams participated last year. More than 200 participants are expected this year from across the Middle East Region. Follow the MER Warrior Challenge on Facebook to keep up with the latest information.
2017 MER Warrior Challenge Event Video
Lodging will be at Raptor Town on AFB Langley in Hampton, Virginia. All cadet and senior cadre must arrive at Raptor Town no later than 1600 on 14 September. Team arrival is 1800–1930 on 14 September. Billeting is in concrete buildings with cots, separated by cadet/senior status and gender.
Cadets will be required to register as whole teams this year. Members are encouraged to use the Warrior Challenge Facebook page to network and create your team.
The deadline to sign up and pay is 24 August. We recommend you get your payment and paperwork in early! Spots fill up fast. Once the event is filled, we will open a waitlist process.
We are only accepting 18 teams this year. Here’s how to get started:
- Form teams of six cadets (any combination of gender, age, and squadrons), two SMs with a valid CAP driver’s license, and a CAP-owned vehicle. You are encouraged to use the Warrior Challenge Facebook page to network and create your team. Send the following information to Warrior Challenge Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Team member names, CAPIDs, and email addresses
- Senior member escort/driver name, CAPID, email address, and CAP driver’s license info (valid or
- Second senior member name, CAPID, email address, and CAP driver’s license info (valid or in
progress). Note: this senior is required to ride in the van to/from the event with the cadet
competitors but may also be serve as event cadre
- Vehicle license plate number and its home squadron and wing
- Warrior Challenge Admin will then provide an EventBrite link for registration and payment. Payment for
all team members must be complete by 24 August. Cost is $30 and includes all meals, event t-shirt, and
- Cadets, please email CAPFs 31 (signed by a parent, witness, and your squadron, group, and wing commanders), 160, 161, 163 (minors only), and Fort Eustis Release Form (also signed by parent/legal guardian) to email@example.com (Warrior Challenge Admin). Individual, parent, and witness signatures must be done in ink. Squadron, group, and wing commander signatures may be done via email or ink. VAWG members do not need Group or Wing Commanders signatures on the CAPF 31, per Col Gould. All paperwork must be received by 24 August.
- Seniors, please email CAPFs 17 (signed by your squadron, group, and wing commanders), 160, 161, and the Fort Eustis Release Form to firstname.lastname@example.org (Warrior Challenge Admin). Squadron, group, and wing commander signatures may be done via email or ink. VAWG members do not need Group or Wing Commanders signatures on the CAPF 17, per Col Gould. All paperwork must be received by 24 August.
Paperwork status can be checked on the paperwork Status Sheet.
Cadet and Senior Members Volunteers Needed
We are seeking highly professional cadet and senior cadre to aid in running the event. Application here: Seniors, Cadets. Cadet and senior cadre must also register and pay via EventBrite and submit required paperwork, as described above, by 24 August.
For more Information
Read the information packet about the event. All participants and cadre are required to read it in its entirety and be in compliance with its contents.
Please contact Maj Barry Feinstein with any questions at email@example.com.