MER Staff College
The 2018 Middle East Region Staff College (MERSC) will be held at the Airman Leadership School on Joint Base Andrews from Thursday, 12 July to Wednesday, 18 July 2018.
The objective of Region Staff College is ensure the presence of a cadre of well-trained officers and NCOs at the group level and above who are ready to effectively manage the missions of CAP. Graduates will manage programs and events at the operational level; analyze information and recommend policy, comprehend key concepts of leading in a volunteer environment, have an understanding of human dynamics, and use a variety of techniques to communicate at all levels.
The goal of RSC is to influence our officers and NCOs towards higher leadership. The overall course objective is divided into three major areas of emphasis which are organized into lesson blocks. Students must:
- Have a firm grasp of the leadership and management skills necessary to advance CAP’s mission at the group and wing level
- Comprehend the dynamics behind individual member behavior and group interactions, and;
- Effectively use a variety communications tools and techniques to lead in the modern environment.
The end result of RSC should be to better equip CAP leaders, enabling them to progress through leadership assignments.
Eligibility: CAP senior members who have completed Level III professional development and who hold command or staff positions are eligible to attend the RSC.
- Download MERSC 2018 Handbook.
- Cost is $345.00 (includes tuition and billeting)
10 June 2018 Completed Application Package Due.
- This includes CAPF17 as well as attachments 1, 2, and 3 from 2018 MERSC Handbook.
- Students may reserve a slot by emailing CAPF17 to director, MERSC.
15 June 2018
- Tuition Payment Due. Tuition payment must be received by this date.